Finally, rainy season is over and suddenly it became hot(35CF) and humid.. Summer in Japan is harsh for me especially after experiencing mild and short summer in the UK. I miss the time when i was having a pint in a pub in London this time of the last year although i had to focus on my dissertation. Who cares!?.
I always feel urged to enjoy Saturday fully, getting up so early and planning to go somewhere form the morning. This time I decided to go to the earth garden festival in Yoyogi-koen because it seemed interesting to me. It has lots of food shops and other funny booths which are related to the concept of `organic' or `sustainable' life.
I got off at Yoyogi station and decided to go through the Meiji-shrine to get to the market. I always love to go to the shrine. The gap between the setting and its feeling is even fascinating - there are so many trees which were brought from all over japan when it was built. Harajuku or Omotesando is probably the busiest area in japan. But I can feel calmness and something sacred when I am there. I am also a member of the judo club in the shrine. It is such a nice thing to walk through the forests to get to the Judo gym before workout.
Although i got to the market, I was already really tired and had no appetite for buying anything. It was unfortunate for the people who attended to have such a windy and super hot day. It was too hot for me to keep myself being energetic and curious about the things I saw. But I saw some hemp products shops, selling cloths made from hemp and hemp oil etc. Japan is too strict about any kind of drugs including marijuana. So some people were handing out papers to educate passengers about the virtue of marijuana. Too hot to think about it seriously!
Then I headed to Shibuya station to meet my friend. As soon as we met, we went to our favorite izakaya to have cold beer and some food. Yamaga is such a popular izakaya mostly among men. Cheap and tasty food. Couldn't be unpopular.
Drinking beer at lunch time is justifiable if the weather gives me a reason like this.
Before we said goodbye, we decided to have another glass of beer at Fuku-chan just near the corner. This is my kind of place. food is so cheap and quality is surprisingly good. it is a standing bar. I don't mind!
This restaurant is highly recommended if you don't mind standing when eating. So popular by locals it seems.
Lazy Saturday, as usual.........




No comments:
Post a Comment